As time draws near for us to step on the airplane, our house has been a beehive of activity. We are packing all of our clothes, cosmetics, snacks, art supplies, and game supplies. Plus we are taking care of the million little things that need to be settled before we leave the country.
Our favorite kind of prep work has been brainstorming ideas for crafts, games, one-on-one activities, and themes that we can use while we are working with the kids. Every time we go over our list of activities we get more and more excited to see the kids!
The latest word on our lodging is that we will be staying in the 2nd floor apartment of a missionary who is on furlough. We are happy to hear that this house will be a lot closer to the orphanage than we had originally thought.
Our daily schedule will vary, but it will probably look something like this:
- 7:00 Wake up and get ready for the day
- 7:30 Fix a quick breakfast
- 8:00 Walk to the orphanage
- 8:30 Lead morning activities for the kids or help with construction
- 12:00 Eat a sack lunch or go quickly to one of the restaurants
- 1:30 Afternoon activities with the kids or construction
- 5:30 Head home for dinner
In the evenings we may have special activities for the kids like movie and story nights, or just take time to relax at home.
We have not heard yet if we will have internet access in our house, or if we will need to find it elsewhere. But we plan to post frequently to let you know how we are doing.