Come with us as we return to South America this summer to volunteer at La Casa De Fe, a home for abandoned and special needs children in Shell, Ecuador.

"Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” ~Mathew 19:14

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Dance Class (Erin)

(Well it is 1:30 and the power is still on, so we thought we would post this while we had the chance.)


Sara and I had a lot of fun teaching dance classes to the kids ages three and up. We split them up into manageable-sized groups and brought them over to our house. Thankfully we have a large open living room with smooth tile flooring. I'm not sure if it was the dancing or just the fact that they got to go on a special oouting with us, but they were always very excited to come to class. One of the first things they say to us each morning is "teacher, I go? I go?


The dance class consisted of exercises (8 crunches and then running around like crazy to find a new spot was a favorite), a few warm-up dance combinations, combinations across the floor to help with memory and sequencing, learning a dance and playing games.










Here’s Ana practicing.



Freeze dance was probably my favorite part of class…


… especially with the little ones. Check out this video Gilmar, Ivan and Jefferson. (And I thought I was going to be teaching them).



The end of a good class :0)


Erin



No comments:

Post a Comment