Come with us as we return to South America this summer to volunteer at La Casa De Fe, a home for abandoned and special needs children in Shell, Ecuador.

"Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” ~Mathew 19:14

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

At the Beach With Ivan (Luke)

The time at the beach was a little crazy, but the kids thoroughly enjoyed it. Being one-on–one with them was such a good thing, and it helped us keep our sanity. Before this trip I did not know many of the kid’s names (I have been working at the construction site much of the time while in shell and I will post about that later), but while I was at the beach I got to know Ivan, the boy I was paired with, very well. I also got to know the other boys and volunteers on my floor.

Ivan


I learned that the boys in my room loved to climb around on the triple-high bunk bed. They also decided that jumping off the bunk beds onto a queen bed in the middle of the room was a lot of fun. At one point Javier jumped all the way from the third bunk! We quickly put an end to that, but it did not stop them from climbing onto each other’s beds, during nap time, playing hang man together, and talking incessantly in Spanish while they were supposed to be sleeping.

Javier
~Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment