Come with us as we return to South America this summer to volunteer at La Casa De Fe, a home for abandoned and special needs children in Shell, Ecuador.

"Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” ~Mathew 19:14

Saturday, May 29, 2010

¡¡¡ Made It To Shell !!!

Well I am finally here in Shell! After a week and a half of traveling all over and living out of a suitcase I finally have a place where I can feel at home.

My bus got into Shell around 11:30am today and after a 20 minute walk I arrived at the orphanage. It was soo good to be back. When I got to there the other teachers and volunteers were nowhere to be found, so I just stashed my suitcase and went to see the kids. Some of them remembered me right away, but others took a little while.

After visiting for a few minutes one of the missionaries came to show me the way to the house Luke, Erin, and I will be staying at. I got to meet one of our housemates, Jessica, and she gave me a tour of our house and then I got my stuff settled into my room.

I was surprised at how nice the house is! It has tile flooring, brightly painted walls, and everything is clean and bug free. It is apparently one of the nicest houses in here in Shell. The missionary who lives here is on furlough for the summer, so we have the house to ourselves.

After getting settled I went back to the orphanage to play with the kids, and then I had dinner at the favorite burger restaurant, Johnny’s.

It is so good to be back here in Shell, to see the kids, and to already know how things work. I look forward to some fun days ahead but first, it is time for some much needed rest.

Buenas noches

~Sara

P.S. I am working on blogs about my visits to my last four kids and will be posting them soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment